Interfacing ship systems
Communication with ship systems and sensors is time-consuming and difficult. It requires knowledge about the physical locations, protocol, settings and data format. Ratatosk facilitates simple reuse and development of vessel-independent ship applications by providing onboard data spaces .
What is it?
- Makes sensor data easily available.
- Is a foundation for applications which interface ship systems without adaptation to individual ships.
- Out-of-the-box support for distributed applications.
- Builds on Data Distribution Service
- Can communicate with other DDS impementations
- Built on open and proven standards.
- Uses publish-subscribe communication
- Gives easy handling of complex data structures.
Expected available: August 2023
Expected available: December 2023
Expected available: August 2024